Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness
Friendship Force is an idea of international understanding.
Founded 1977 with support from Jimmy Carter for understanding among nations. It grew to
a world-wide idea with 370 Clubs in 60 Countries.
The most Clubs exist in the USA and Australia.
Here you can see a video about FFI: Video
There are 19 Clubs in Germany. We are member of Friendship Force Varel
with about 100 members. We represent North-West-Germany from the border of
the Netherlands up to river Weser, from the North Sea up to the Ruhr Region.
As ambassadors from our country we travel in a group to clubs in other countries,
where we are accommodated privately to make new friends.
Such a visit lasts usually seven days, so on an oversea-exchange we will
stay with two different clubs.
In reverse we have visits from clubs all over the world. We make a visitprogram
for their stay with us. Because our exchanges are not for sightseeing but for
contacts our slogan is: "Faces, not Places"
The homepage you will find
here. On the page you will
find a video about our club.
The International Organisation of
Friendship Force is located in Atlanta, USA and is organizing a
World-Conference every year. From 16th to 19th of September 2016 it will take
place in Marrakesh, Morocco.
Friendship Force International is CHANGING THE WAY YOU SEE THE WORLD.
At the following Friendship Force-exchanges, -visits and -World-Conferences Gaby und Manfred took part:
18. Inbound exchange from Friendship Force Sonoma Valley,
from 8th - 15th August 2016. Our guests were Myrna and Gil Werder from Windsor, California. On this exchange also participated Martha LeRoy
(on the right side of the picture) from Friendship Force San Francisco, who we get to know on our visit to San Francisco (see at No 7).
17. Participation on an international exchange to
Friendship Force Baku, Azerbaidjan
from 13th - 25th of march 2016. Wir were guests of the family Hasanov, Aftandil and Gulsan with their two daughters Ilahe and Nubar.
With us friends from Canada, USA and Mexico take part on this exchange. Theme was the Novruz-Festival (New-Years-festival) in Azerbaidjan.
We visited the cities of Baku, Lenkaran and Scheki and took a trip to Astara on the Iranian border.
And here a television contribution from CTV Azerbaidjan, where we as guests of the festival in Lenkaran were interviewed:
16. Participation on the Farewell-Party for Friendship Force
Coatepec, Mexico on the 25th September 2015 who visited our Club.
15. Visiting the Friendship Force
Kauai, Hawaii, USA on 14th and 15th September 2015.
On the 14th of September we visited with the Club from Friendship Force
Wanganui, New Zealand , which has just an exchange with the Friendshipforce Club Kauai, the botanical garden.
On 15th of September we were guests of the Friendshipforce Kauai-Members Glenda and Siegfried Streufert.
14. Participation on the HomeHosting from Friendship Force
Metro Vancouver in Abbortsford, Canada after the conference from 31st August - 4th September 2015.
We were the guests of Carol and Fred Loewen.
12. Outbound exchange to Friendship Force Isle of Wight, England
from 15th - 19th April 2015. We were guests of Janet and John Holloway.
11. Inbound exchange from Friendship Force Isle of Wight, England
from 12th - 16th July 2014. Our guests were Janet and John Holloway.
10. Inbound exchange from Friendship Force Kapiti Coast, New Zealand
from 21st - 28th May 2014. Our guests were Theresa and Graham Tufnail from Waikanae, Kapiti-Coast.
9. Outbound exchange to Friendship Force Sun Coast, Florida, USA
from 21st - 28th October 2013. We were guests of Catherine und John Conover.
8. Outbound exchange to Friendship Force Oklahoma, USA
from 14th - 21st October 2013. We were guests of Geneva Hancock.
7. Visit Friendship Force San Francisco Bay Area, USA on September 25th 2013.
Their guests were from the Friendship Force-Club Manitoba, Canada. Wir visited Martha LeRoy and took part on
the Welcome-Party für Manitoba.
6. Outbound exchange to Friendship Force Schwerin, Germany
from 19th - 21st of October 2012. We were guest of Andrea and Martin Teichert.
5. inbound exchange from Friendship Force Adelaide and
Mount Barker , Australia from 3rd - 10th October 2012.
Pamela and John Morris from Craigmore were our guests.
4. inbound exchange from Friendship Force Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA
from 18th - 25th of June 2012. Our guests Carolyn and Jim Webber unfortunately couldn't come.
3. outbound exchange to Friendship Force Saitama, Tokyo, Japan
and Friendship Force Fukuoka, Japan from 15th of April to 1st of May 2011.
This exchange has to be cancelled two weeks before starting because of the Tsunami and the Fukushima-disaster.
2. Participation on the World-Conference of Friendship Force International 2010 in Hamburg from 26th - 30th August - organized by
the club of Friendship Force Hamburg.
back to the English starting-site